Monday, December 30, 2013

pancakes with NO flour at all

Hello there!  I found a great way to make a very healthy pancake that your whole family will LOVE!

I got the idea from paleo mama or the paleomom....I can't remember, I read and look at so many cook books and posts..... but I took it and made some alterations and well I want to share it with you!  My kids absolutely love these and beg for them every morning and they are pretty easy to make!

What  you will need!

2 plantains make sure they are green
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cream of tarter
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon or you could add a bit more if you want a bigger flavour
1 tsp of homemade vanilla extract (when I make some more I will show you how we make home made vanilla extract that is oh so easy and delicious to add to any meal!
4 eggs
1 Tbs of coconut oil or grass fed butter.
fat for heating skillet.

Heat skillet using butter or coconut oil on medium heat.  While skillet is heating up, peal the green plantains and add all your ingredients in a blender....plantains, baking soda, cream of tarter, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla extract, eggs, coconut or butter....you choose...just put it all in and turn on the blender!  That is it....that easy.....if you want a thinner pancake batter you can add a little milk to it if you wish...add small amounts at a time until you get desired consistency.  But we stick to the thicker batter.
here is my pancake batter 
Cook the pancakes as you would any normal pancake and whala you have a crowd pleaser.  This recipe usually makes around a dozen or so normal size pancakes!
Here is the finished product, ready to be devoured by my hungry little munchkins!  like the cinnamon sticks, I am getting fancy! :o)


TRY THIS AND DROP ME A LINE, LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK, AND WHAT YOU DID DIFFERENT TO MAKE IT YOURS!

UPDATE******UPDATE******UPDATE*****UPDATE*****UPDATE*****UPDATE*****

Here is a quick and better version of the pancakes.  Follow the recipe above but instead   
Use 5 eggs instead of 4
Add one banana 
3 TBS of ground flax 
These are even better then previous posted.

1 comment: