Wednesday, November 27, 2013

my first thoughts/my first post.

Ok world.  So here I am writing my very first blog post.  I have spent countless hours reading other posters and have gained so much information and inspiration from them.  I hope to do the same here as well.

My journey begins on a road to total health.  As a child I always fought battles of illness, mainly chronic colds, and asthma.  As I continued to grow, I had GI issues (eating out was a nightmare because I just never new what would cause my next episode of marathon sprints to the restroom) and was diagnosed with IBS, and chronic fatigue.  So many doctor visits later, I decided that I should begin taking my health into my own hands.  It began the day that I went to see the allergist and walked out of the office with some 100 plus pokes protruding from my back and arms, and in my hands I carried two prescriptions.  I looked at these two prescriptions thinking I am only 26 years old and I am starting down this daunting road of never ending, looming prescriptions.  The side effects from these various drugs that were being offered to me were worse then what I was trying to combat....NO THANKS!  I thought, "forget this", and I threw the scripts in the trash and hunkered down.   Down for a journey that has taken me for a whirlwind of cleanses, natural paths, meditation, growth in faith, diet and the like, only to find myself teetering on the edge of feeling better but ready to fall off the health cliff into a spiraling down fall.  There was still so many things missing and still so many warranted visits to the doctors office for me or for one of my children.  WHAT WAS I DOING WRONG?

 Fast forward 10 years and my journey continues to evolve, but this journey has been a happy one.  I have four beautiful children.  All of which have some sort of food allergy manifesting its' ugly head in various forms.  Reactions to vaccinations, sensory issues, eczema,  distended stomach and chronic stomach pain and constipation,  could these be a secondary symptom to something greater?  Your body talks, and we should listen. This led me to really take a look at our total health, what we consume in our bodies and what we put on our bodies.  There has to be a reason why we are sick, and it has been my mission to find out why.

We now live in the country and grow our own food, we adopt a diet that is virtually grain free, and slanting more on the paleo side of things.  We consume healthy animal fats, use essential oils to enhance our health, we work, play and hike outdoors,  and we are seeing a change, a change for the better.  Many of those nasty symptoms I have seen are starting dissipate into thin air.  It is my hope to share from time to time our journey, what I have learned, in hopes it will also inspire you too!  This blog will be a hodgepodge of topics, be patient with me as I begin to add new posts and this blog begins to evolve.

Blessings to all of you and thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment